It sounds selfish right? It’s not. If you don’t look after yourself (whatever that means to you) then you don’t have much ‘to give’. You inherently know this. You feel this. And I know there are a lot of reasons as to why you don’t prioritise yourself. I have been there (burnout first time round) and I have been there again (you need an MRI because we think you’ve had a stroke) plus all the other ‘niggles’ that are a drain on you and others around you (soooo tired, no energy, not fun to be around, my back hurts).
Last night I wrote my ‘to do list’ for today a different way:
- 5 minute cardio workout (yes, 5mins!) while my toddler eats brekky
- Montessori Toddler/Parent group 0930-1130
- 10 minute meditation while my toddler naps
- Plan-free afternoon except pick up some milk
- 10 minute home pilates after my toddler goes to bed
What are you going to do today that is JUST for you? Something that makes you FEEL GOOD? Please leave your 1 ‘just for me’ thing in the comments section. Would love to have more ideas!